Dental Offices of
Emergency Dental Care
What to do When You Have a Dental Emergency
Stay calm. Some dental problems can be managed well at home, until you have an opportunity to see your dentist. If your emergency is life-threatening or you are in extreme pain, dial 911 and notify emergency medical professionals immediately.
Avulsed Tooth (tooth is knocked out)
Guidelines: Primary teeth (baby teeth) should not be re-implanted, because damage to the permanent tooth can occur. Permanent teeth must be re-implanted as soon as possible to help increase the chance of success. Minimizing time out of the mouth is critical.
1) Gently clean tooth with milk or saliva while holding it by the crown. (top)
2) As soon as possible, attempt to place the tooth back in socket. Don't worry if it is not positioned perfectly.
3) If you are unable to place the tooth back in the socket, store the tooth in the mouth between the cheek and the gums, or in cold milk.
4) Call The Smile Brighton dentists at (810) 227-6567.
Extruded Tooth or Intruded Tooth (tooth is pushed out of place)
1) Gently push tooth back into place, if possible.
2) Call The Smile Brighton dentists at (810) 227-6567.
1) Clean the injured area and apply ice to minimize swelling.
2) Call The Smile Brighton dentists at (810) 227-6567. We will evaluate your situation to determine if an antibiotic is necessary and, if so, which will work best. We will also determine which treatment will resolve your pain.
Pain and Swelling?
We will evaluate your situation to determine if an antibiotic is necessary and, if so, which will work best. We will also determine the proper treatment course is best to resolve your pain.